Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Coastal ramblin'---

DAUPHIN ISLAND, ALABAMA
shelling on the island's west end-


Dauphin Island sunset-May 2008



My friends suggested that I start a blog because I am a "photoholic"- who loves to ramble around coastal Alabama photographing any and everything that catches my interest--love to take pictures, love to share them--love Alabama.

I am willing to give it a try---SO- I am inviting you along on a 'ramble" around my favorite place in the whole world--Dauphin Island, Alabama--the first capitol of the Louisiana Territory, a place rich in beauty and history, one of the top birding spots in the USA, a barrier island surrounded by Mobile Bay, the Mississippi Sound, and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Hope that you enjoy the pictures I will be posting as much as I enjoyed taking them! "Til next time-Love, DD




































6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip, I will put it in my "favorites" so I can keep up with you.

Islandlover said...

Beautiful! Everything you do is so wonderful! I enjoyed this very much and hope to return as you continue to add to this blog.
Love...Sandi

ForgottenGulf.com said...

This is great! Love seeing all your georgious shots and heartfelt "ramblings".

I feel your pain with loosing BullyGoat. So many memories. You and Mack are celebrating it's memory everytime I see you at your new island home.

Keep me posted as you add more.
Love Dana and Marion
ForgottenGulf.com

Snug Harbor/ Gertie Stein said...

Ahhhhhhh, DD - I can smell the ocean breeze in your pics.
It brings me back to the morning Buddy and I rode down to Bully Goat and introduced ourselves, arriving unannounced. (We used to be bad about that!)
Anyway - it provoked good memories to scroll through your reverent revelry across that "little spit of land."
Thanks - I'll be back!

Mary Ellen said...

WOW DD. I love you blog. Reading your narratives while viewing your pictures makes me feel like I'm there. Thanks for sharing.

asouthernsunset said...

DD, please come back to blogland and bless us with your wonderful pictures and island stories. I miss you being here!
Love and hugs,
Yaya